Sunday, September 28, 2008

Birthday Recap #3 - McKay



I think Teri and I have been excited for McKay's birthday for about 9 months, no joke. I'm not really sure why. I suppose it is because McKay loves Cars and there are some many cool toys to get excited about. So a few months ago, we decided that it would be fun to play "Pin the Tow Cable on Mater" instead of on the usual donkey. Teri took the challenge head on and came up with her own Mater poster.



I think it looked awesome. Teri had to take 2 pictures of Mater, combine them into one side profile shot, draw it all out, and then paint it. It got a little hectic there at the end when Teri's mom and Teri were frantically slapping background paint on him, but they got it done just in time for him to dry and be ready for the game.

I probably should have won the actual competition, but because I had purchased all the game prizes and knew that they were probably too complicated for me, we let Miriam win. She's 4; I think she'll have a good old time with that 24 piece puzzle.



McKay had his own troubles, although none of them were behavior related. (Thankfully, our fast wasn't in vain.) Actually, McKay struggled with blowing out his candles. Apparently, I should have spent less time teaching him what sounds camels (spitting) and peacocks make and spent more time teaching him how to blow out candles. Oh well, McKay's cousins seemed happy to lend a helping mouth.



McKay loved opening his presents. Interestingly enough, he wasn't more excited about the boxes the presents were in than the presents themselves. At least not until the very end when he realized he could make the boxes into race cars. But McKay had good reason to be excited. He got a lot of cool stuff.



Gibson was very pleased with the day as well. Not only did he get a cool new hat, but he was pretty sure at least some of those toys would be making their way to him.



McKay was pretty worn out by the end of the celebration. He wasn't able to take a nap that day because he was too excited. He just sat in his crib singing, "Happy Birffday to me. Happy Birffday to K. Happy Birffday to me-eeee. Happy Birffday K." So by the time 5:30 PM rolled around he was zonked.




Happy Birthday buddy. We hope you had as much fun as we did.

4 comments:

Andrew & Kristin said...

I love all of your pictures. McKay looks way tuckered out! He is so cute! Tadd I am impressed by all of you blogging, you have been busy while everyone else is asleep!

Mich and Nate said...

You guys are the best parents ever, that party looked great!

Sarah said...

ADORABLE. Plus, who doesn't want to hear a child sing happy birthday to themselves? man, I wasn't even THERE and I got joy out of that post...

Kristen said...

Wow! You did a bang-up job with the birthday party! That Tow Mater is the cutest ever!! And the cake is adorable, too. But best of all is McKay's smile! He is growing up so fast!! What a cutie!