Sunday, September 28, 2008

Birthday Recap #2 - Tad

For my birthday I got what I had always wanted - another 3-D cake. Years ago, when I was something like 2 years old, my mom made me a 3-D Care Bear cake. It looked something like this, although my mom's cake looked more like a specific Care Bear and didn't have all the cupcakes.



I don't remember which one my mom made for me, but if I were to get one now I would ask for Champ Bear...or maybe Good Luck Bear. I'm kind of on the fence on this one.

Anyway, for my birthday I got another 3-D cake. And this time it wasn't even a Care Bear. It was an entire castle.



I bet you're jealous. I would have been if I were in your shoes.

I suppose I should mention that I basically share a birthday with 2 of my neices who were turning 4. One of them was born on my birthday and the other came 16 hours later but on the next day. This year was apparently not my year to pick the cake design (although they did console me by putting my flag on top of the very highest turret). Here we all are by our respective flags.



The true highlight of the night came just after we blew out the candles. Teri got the kids a pinata. McKay thought this was a great idea. He handled the bat quite well. Of course, he's had a lot of practice doing this to Gibby.



Concerned that I might be upset about not getting enough pinata swings on the parrot, Teri bought a pinata just for me.



The showdown between me and Cookie Monster took longer than expected. Cookie Monster had obviously put in a number of hours to get in peak condition for our bout and if I hadn't had a bat I think he may have defeated me. Cookie Monster was being manuvered by Teri's brother Kevin who managed to get Cookie Monster to whack me in a reasonably strategic fashion. The end result was that I had to assume a defensive posture which limited my offensive capabilities.



Despite the embarrasment of taking 25 minutes to break open a pinata when the kids took a whopping 12 swings (including McKay) it was a great birthday. Kudos to Teri for organizing my fun day. I think she totally deserves the entire turret that she ate.

1 comment:

Marisa and Rob said...

Hey Teri!!! This is Marisa Rowley Rasmussen!!! Happy Birthday to you!!!! I love the cake!!!! Your mom is good. I have not seen you or talked to you in a long time. :) Your boys are too cute!!!! My little Amirra is 15 months now and growing so fast!!! Check out my blog and you can see her. :)