Monday, November 26, 2007

Funny things I have actually heard lately

These are actual thing I have heard recently. I think they are either silly or very silly.

1) The Writers' Guild of America is on strike. These are the guys who write the scripts for most all televisions shows and movies so you'd think they'd be pretty clever when it came to writing some kind of striking chant. They came up with,

"Eva Longoria -we write the storia."

Yes, I'm being serious. I guess I now know why it is that I have a hard time finding much of any television worth watching. Although, for the sake of the Office and Chuck, I hope the strike ends soon.

2) Arizona is growing like crazy and people are trying to figure out how to keep the growing transportation problem at bay. One suggestion has been to build a series of toll roads. As I was watching the local news one man they interviewed thought that they should just turn the HOV lane into a toll road because, "Everytime I drive on the freeway I am stuck in traffic and the people who are carpooling keep wizzing by. It's obvious that this system [the HOV lane] is not working."

Ok, I get it. If the car pool lane were as clogged with traffic as the rest of the freeway then it would be working right?

I have some more, but these were my top two.

1 comment:

The Llewellyn's said...

Thanks to an illness called Epilepsy, I fly by in the HOV lane. Try and toll me, we'll see what happens.

That guy is a loser.