Thursday, May 22, 2008

Big Kids

We were a little late in getting the kids in for Gibson's 4 month and McKay's 18 month checkups, but it was fun to get them in there are see how big they had gotten.

McKay, almost 20 months, now stands at a towering 35 inches but only weighs about 24 pounds. In 4 months he has grown 4 inches. At this rate, he'll be Shawn Bradley (7 ' 6") shortly after his 6th birthday.
He's always seemed to be a tall skinny kid. The only time it was different was our last visit when McKay was somewhere around the 70th percentile for height and right around the 50th percentile for weight (which the doctor noted was a big increase from his previous weight percentiles in the 20s and 30s). But this last visit demonstrated that McKay has returned to regularity. He's back to the 96th percentile in height and the 16th percentile in weight.

Gibson seems to be watching and learning from his brother. Diddy or Dibby (McKay's nicknames for his brother) is 24 inches tall and weighs almost 13 pounds. He's now in the 75th percentile for height and the 30th for weight.

It looks like we'll have to feed Little Dibby some Little Debbie.

I've always said that I don't mind if my kids are taller than me. It would certainly appear that I'm going to be held to my word. But I'm ok with that. At least some one in my family will be able to stand up to Randy Newman.

7 comments:

Tara Kay said...

Your kids are adorable!!!

Jeff & Liberty said...

Cute pictures of the kids!

Kirin said...

your boys are soo cute! yay for you!

Becky McArthur said...

What cute little kiddos! Teri you look great. Good to see you guys are doing good.

Kristen said...

What incredibly cute little boys! Oh, you have such a beautiful family. I just wish I could hear some of the things I'm sure McKay is starting to say. Wow. I just can't believe how big he it -- but I guess a year is a long time. And little Gibson looks so much like his brother. I love that picture of Tad with the two boys. How are you handling being so outnumbered, Teri?

Andrew and Kristin Briggs said...

Yeah! I found your blog! Your boys are so cute! I love it!

Ken and Laura said...

Hey TeriDel,
It's Laura Smith. I need your address so I can send you my wedding announcement. If i don't get it to you, The reception is at the Mesa West Stake Center there on Dobson and Javelina. At 7 on Friday June 13th. Sorry for the late notice. I've been trying to find your address. PS the chillins are adorable.