Saturday, March 22, 2008

Mid-March Update

Here's a quick note about the important events in our lives and yours:

Congrats to my little sister Amy who managed to bull her way into the newspaper. As the Bingham High School drill team matador, she endured the jeers and cat calls of Utah-based Spaniards who, while searching for a 6-fingered man, rudely told her that bullfighting was a man sport. Amy refused to give in and won herself the Deseret News Prep Athlete of the Week. Although Amy may not be as famous as Cristina Sanchez, her bullfighting skills are taking her places...like the rodeo pageant circuit where she'll face off with another Amy and her pleather dress.

Mazel Tov! to my cousin Emily who wed the love of her life Wes on March 15. Teri and I took the kids down to Sierra Vista for the blessed event and we had a blast. We're excited for you Emily and Wes and wish you the best of luck.

Finally, here's a short "Tall" tale. My Dad got into a car accident and a fight all in one day, which is unbelievable because he hasn’t been in a fight for more than thirty years. He was driving to work on a road covered in black ice and although he wasn’t following the car in front of him too closely, when he stepped on the brakes his car just started sliding and crashed into the guy in front of him.

I’ve always considered my Dad to be a very responsible guy and this case was no exception. My Dad got out of his car to see if the other driver was ok. But at that point things went downhill.

You know how sometimes when you’re in a stressful situation anything can just make you start laughing even though it’s not particularly funny? Well, as the other guy is getting out of his car to inspect the damage my Dad sees that this guy is a little person – you know, a midget. Now my Dad doesn’t have anything against midgets, but the stress of the situation just made him laugh.

Well the other guy was not in a laughing mood. He roared out at my Dad, “What’s so funny? This is terrible! Can’t you see that I am not happy?”

“So which one are you?” asked my Dad.

And that’s when the fight broke out.

2 comments:

The Llewellyn's said...

Tad-

You need to call me asap and tell me what part of that is fact vs fiction. That story is the funniest thing I believe I have heard...all day.

You always get me to laugh out loud.

-Matt

Kristen said...

Hello? Kid pictures?