Thursday, October 18, 2007

Lisa's Wedding

Congratulations to my sister Lisa and my new brother-in-law Tyrel. They were married in the Salt Lake Temple in September and we had the great opportunity to be up there and share that experience with them. It's always fun to go to weddings, particularly weddings for family. The only weird part was that Lisa Davis is now Lisa Clark. I suppose I knew that was coming but it is still weird to not have a Lisa Davis anymore.

On the bright side, Russ is dating a Lisa. My Dad has already dubbed her "LT" - short for Lisa Two. I figure that name is good for at least a little while. But if Russ ever marries a Lisa (I don't want to put any undue pressure on this particular Lisa) I figure her new name should be L2D2 - kind of like Lisa Davis the second, but cooler. Besides, who wants to be named after the NFL's most prominent rusher when they could be named after some deuterium lamp?

Anyway, it has been reported that Lisa and Tyrel have settled into married life quite nicely and it looks like things are going splendidly. As you can see below, Tyrel is a quick study at roles in marriage - we took this picture at McKay's birthday party just two days after the happy couple wed.



The wedding itself was fun. As was the trip up there. McKay got to wear his cool sweater vest, play with Grandpa, and sit in the good chairs.




He also got to repeat his impressive hanging out performance. McKay actually did this the first time we brought him to Grandma and Grandpa's new house in May. He was 7 months old then. So even though it's not quite as impressive to see a kid do this right before his 1st birthday, I think it's pretty cool.


Teri pulled off her first ever practical joke by telling Amy's friend Dane that the new mini watermelons came complete with edible rinds. Dane, apparently forgetting that only horses eat those things, took a big bite. But I wasn't able to get a picture so he graciously took another bite. Kudos.


In closing, Teri and I would just like to wish many happy returns to our sister Lisa and new brother Tyrel. Mazal Tov!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

L2D2! Too funny. For the record, my initials before I got married were simply LT, so I am very familiar with the said football player.

Unknown said...

Nice! A wedding is the time when all your old friends and far off relatives come together and makes your wedding even more special. My friends have planned a surprise for me before my wedding. I can’t really think of it but I am sure it will be on one of the Los Angeles event venues only.