Monday, January 19, 2009

Go (AZ) Cardinals


At 3:00 PM or so on Thursday I got an email from my boss telling all employees to support the Arizona Cardinals by showing up for work the next day in Cardinal gear, so long as you didn't have to make an appearance in court. Not wanting to pass up an opportunity to show up in a t-shirt and jeans, I was totally in. But there was one problem - I didn't have any Cardinal gear.

Teri and I set off right after work to rectify that situation but found out that it was going to be pretty hard to do. The sporting goods store had nothing, the mall's cheapest t-shirt was $30, and Wal-Mart after Wal-Mart was sold out. What did we do? We went to the not so local pharmacy store and found an Arizona Cardinals T-shirt stuffed into a mug. Total Cost - $10.

Of course, there was a reason I found the shirt for such a low price. It was light blue. (Like this only without Woody Woodpecker and with the team name and logo in white) You have to figure that these shirts were probably the result of some mistake along the way where the factory completed a several thousand shirt run of blue shirts rather than the red ones ordered. But things like that happen all the time.


Showing up Friday in a t-shirt was great, mainly because no one else did and they were a little jealous that I was able to work in comfort. Having the Cardinals win on Sunday and go to the Super Bowl was even better because I am almost certain to have at least one more "Cardinal Pride" day at work. So here's to you light blue Arizona Cardinal shirt. And go Cardinals! Maybe if you win the big game we might get a chance to show our support in victory parade day. One can always hope.

2 comments:

Katie and Levi said...

Hey!

I am setting my blog to private..so if yo still want to be able to see it you need to send me your email... Mine is
katiemarie29@hotmail.com

thanxs!

Andrew & Kristin said...

Kristin says that you are a lazy butt and need to update your blog! I echo that, but I wanted you to know that out of all the blogs on our frieking page, yours was the first I checked...and I am SO disappointed...I hope you can FEEL the sadness in the tone of my voice. We miss you guys and hope you are doing well...and we still bring up GibbyKay when talking to Nathan. Take care, and we hope you enjoyed your celebrity stay at the 5 star resort! - Andrew "BWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!" Briggs